Friday, May 14, 2010

What is Legumier?

It was started on December 19 2008 to be exact when i first saw the word " legumier". I do not have any idea what a legumier is. My mind is keep on asking what is this and from which language is this. This happened when I get the job offer letter from one company in Dubai. So i checked on the internet and found nothing on the first time, it was in a internet cafe so i have a limited time to find this word. I did'nt found it. I ask the people, my friends if they know what does legumer mean. and they do not know also. Because what remember is I applied for a job as a kitchen steward, and this word is far from the word legumier. For the second time I checked I got a clue that its someone who is working in a kitchen, the definition is not english and i'm not sure if its french. but then i know some french, spanish and italian word so i get the idea. A legumier is like a commis, like a kitchen assistant. someone who do the chopping peeling, cutting etc etc. Some says its a vegetable cook.

My life in the kitchen started in this position...LEGUMIER. I like it when someone is asking me what is your job? I am a legumier... they are surprise and have a follow up question.. what is that? ..Then i explain, I am proud of this position. This might be the lowest in the kitchen hierarchy but what is important is I learn so many things in this small beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment